2011年6月26日星期日

RRJ#4

Reading Reaction Journal #4
Reference

Smithers, R. (2011, June 20). Art clubs target talented children. guardian.co.uk. Retrieved on June 21, 2011, from http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2011/jun/20/saturday-art-clubs-disadvantaged-children

Summary

This article is mainly talking about that some art clubs that recruit students who have talent in art, and train them to create new artworks. For example, Hafizullah Karim, a 14-year-old boy, painted the color picture. Many people do not believe that the nice picture was painted by a 14-year-old boy. Hafizullah Karim has much art talent, and he always joins the art clubs to study. In the clubs, he has learned many different media, such as clay, graphics and watercolours. He loves art, and he likes to do his work for art. He has earned benefits from the teachers who are teaching in the clubs. Similarly, there are many other students who benefit from the clubs’ training. Also, the governmen supports this program, and the volunteer teachers would like to teach in clubs even though they are in break time. Currently, there are an increasing number of students who attend these clubs, and the art industry booms again.
Reaction

After reading this article, I find that it touches my heart. I really like this article, for I have the similar experience. My major is art, and I have studied painting since I was a 6-year-old. At that time, my mother sent me to the art training school just for a hobby. She wanted me to have a skill, such as many other girls who could play instruments and dance. At the beginning, I did not want to go to that school because it had class on every weekend, and it took up all of my free time. However, when I began to study, I found that I loved painting. It gave me many enjoyable times; like the article says, students can learn many different ways of doing art in the clubs. I learned sketch, crayon, watercolor, Chinese painting and so on, and I have benefited from these studies. For instance, when I feel down, I can paint some nice pictures to release. Also I can make cards or do handcrafts for my parents and friends on some special festivals. To sum up, whether its art training schools or Saturday art clubs, they all pay attention to inspire disadvantaged children or someone who really wants to have a good skill. The teachers focus on creativity of children; it truly promotes the development of the art industry.

没有评论:

发表评论