2011年6月12日星期日

RRJ#1

Reading Reaction Journal #1
Reference
Lau, J. H-C. (2011, May 25). Hong Kong Art Fair Reaches Out Into the World.  The New York Times. Retrieved on May 27, 2011, from http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/26/arts/26iht-Hkartfair26.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=Hong%20Kong%20Art&st=cse
Summary
This article is mainly talking about a majestic art fair held in Hong Kong  in 2011. Since 2008, an increasing number of people have paid more attention to this exhibition. This art fair has not only successfully seized the attention of many visitors, but obtained support from sponsors as well. Many famous artists including some gallery owners took part in this activity because a great number of novel works and a few rarities would be showed in this art fair. They brought a variety of items such as abstract pictures, interesting paintings, golden watches, peculiar antiques and expensive jewelries, hopefully, to seize some visitors’ eye. During the art fair, many art professionals took their own work with them and showed the work in the process to boost their popularity; some works were about movies, body art, and even a painting of Buddha. This art fair also had successfully caught many foreigners from Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Latin, Brazil, etc. This was a really successful art fair.
Reaction
Since my major is art design, I often pay attention on the trend of art product markets because it is an appreciation of the art works which have been designed by great designers. I obtain much important information in this article, for a successful and large art fair held in Hong Kong, China. It means that the art firmament of China has a higher status than before, and a growing number of artists and art works of Asians have been approved in the world. As many precious art works showed on the art fair, I know that people want to appreciate more unbelievable products in their lives. The major of art design is famous in SIU, so I want to join it, in order to learn more design skills and create better art products for people. I find that the reaction and practice of art are a little bit different between Western people and Asian people. For example, I visited my American friend last Sunday. When entering her home, I found that there were many handcrafts anywhere. Through asking her, I know that it was her hobby during her free time. Then I asked her why she did not buy a cute handcraft in the mall directly. Finally, she answered me she liked the process in which she made the handcraft; it took her much enjoyable time. In China, more youth would like to watch and buy the things that they want. Only a few people make something that they like by themselves. For instance, on Mother’s Day, children often buy flowers and cakes for their mothers in China; however, children would like to make a little design on something for their mothers in the U.S.. I hope I can be a good designer in the future. I wish that people will love my design products, and use them for family and for love, and I wish that people will have more inspiration through appreciating my art works.

没有评论:

发表评论