2011年6月23日星期四

RRJ#3

Reading Reaction Journal #3
Reference

Barron, R. (2011, June 14). Nanaimo has history of investing in public artwork. The Daily News canada.com. Retrieved on June 14, 2011, from http://www.canada.com/Nanaimo+history+investing+public+artwork/4942356/story.html

Summary
 This article is mainly talking about the murals on buildings in the city of Nanaimo. The purpose of creating so many murals on the walls has two directions. The first one is to control graffiti in this city, and it has controlled for 20 years. However, the city planner said that as a kind of  “ generally respect” , their murals do not often cover all of the graffiti. On the other hand, the second way is to create a communicating spirit in the city. The artists often associate the murals with natural things, such as ocean and sky. Also the murals can be found anywhere like subway, park, community, bathroom etc.. The murals give the citizens a very enjoyable atmosphere; children are interested in these murals. To sum up, the murals’ appearance is to improve the city’s environment and protect artwork in this special way.

Rcaction
 Through reading this article, I feel that I appreciate these murals very much. I believe that if someone visits a city in which can be found many buildings with murals, he/she will be surprised and enjoy those. I deem that the colorful things often bring people a good mood, and people can feel relaxed in the colorful friendly city. The murals are a kind of symbol and attitude of a city. I remember when I was in China, I found a painting wall outside an art school. Those patterns were created by the art college students. Whenever people walk past the wall, they often talk about and enjoy these beautiful paintings. I believe that colorful artwork can give people a comfortable atmosphere; even though they do not really understand art, they still appreciate it. Also the murals are not only painted outside in some public places, but also can be found indoors. It is a new fashion of interior decoration art. The artists paint them on the walls, especially the wall behind TV. The murals look really beautiful in people’s homes. I remember that when I went past some fire hydrants on compus, I found that there were many colorful paintings on them. At that time, I really want to paint such a fire hydrants, too. Also, after the teacher’s edification, I think I can paint some nice and fashionable graphics on CESL’s wall. Just by my hand. I believe that the nice pictures will attract more students to come to CESL. As an art student, I hope I can create more different ways to share and protect artwork outdoors and indoors. 

没有评论:

发表评论