2011年6月12日星期日

RRJ#2

Reading Reaction Journal #2
Reference
Littlejohn, D. ( 2011, June 7). Island Art, and All That Comes With It. The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved on June 7, 2011, from http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704495004576264961416465694.html
Summary
This article is mainly talking about a variety of art forms in Bali island, Indonesia. As the island is becoming one of the most popular tourist place in the world, an increasing number of visitors are traveling and enjoying the special art atmosphere in Bali island. In this beautiful area, a great many art works are shown, and most of their inspiration comes from local people’s daily lives. Someone who is born, gets married, has good health, designs a new house and died, all of these things can be shown by an art ritual performance. Also the tools of performance are the art works such as painted masks and immobile shadow puppets. The most amazing art work is carving. The statuaries and buildings with colorful painting are extremely attractive under the sun, and they have an old mythic background to attract people visiting their spectacular art works. In this island, all arts come with it.
Reaction
After reading this article, I feel that inspiration fills my heart. I soon learn that art comes from nature, and we can find it anywhere. According to this article, art is in people’s lives and it can be shown in many different forms. I totally agree with that. I live in Carbondale, and I go to Schnucks by walking every weekend. Whenever I walk past a wooden house, I have been attracted by a small garden, which is full of small statuaries. They are lovely pigs, short temples, smooth bridge etc., and I often see the owner of this garden working hard with a smile on his face. I believe that he creates these amazing things for his wife and children, and the inspiration of them comes from his memorable happy life. I think that this is art. It doesn’t need professional skill to describe, and it is completely natural. In China, there are many art works from people’s lives, too. Some are paper-cut or knit, and show people’s mood and explain what people want to say. Since my major is art design, I not only want to create something by academic method, but also want to absorb inspiration from my real life. I want to design amazing things that people like and want. I hope my art works can make everyone feeling warm in their hearts because of love.

没有评论:

发表评论